I have found myself able more to sing God's praises today. I am a huge music therapy type person. Music can always help me release my feelings, etc... Well, starting Friday and several times on Saturday that dang song by Laura Story, "Blessings" came on. It literally made me mad to hear it. I didn't wanna hear that! Honestly, it's because shortly after I found out I was pregnant this time (I found out on my birthday, btw) I heard this song and thought to myself, "I sure hope I'm not singing this and meaning it soon". Well, the time has indeed come, so the song made me mad. Yesterday, I heard it... again. I was able to listen to it in its entirety. And was finally able to let it speak to my heart. Today, the song that got me was "Hold Me Together" by Royal Tailor.
Hello Mercy,
I have been searching for you lately
I've been wounded and from what I hear
You have the remedy
They told me You would be for me
So now I need to know
Is this a love that can save me
Or say You will then don't
Will You stay with me when nobody is around
If this is real, then tell now
Can you hold me together
Can your love reach down this far
Can you hold me together
Cause without You holding my heart
I'm falling apart
Falling apart
Saying so long, been lost, been gone
Not sure what to pray
It's not easy but I know You see me
When I lose my way
I keep on floating not knowing
If there is more for me
Don't want to sink beneath waves of negativity
I'm going under,
I'm afraid that I might drown
If this is real,
I need you now
Can you hold me together
Can your love reach down this far
Can you hold me together
'Cause without You holding my heart
I'm falling apart, yeah
Falling apart
Oh, Lord
I'm feeling stronger
With you by my side
And I realize You are my hope
I need to know
Can you hold me together
Can your love reach down this far
Can you hold me together
'Cause without You holding my heart
I'm falling apart,
Falling apart, yeah
Hold me together Lord
Without You,
I'm falling apart
Falling apart
Also, I need you guys to know that with all the messages (which has been an incredible amount) I've received, I have not been able to reply to them all very quickly. Thank you from the bottom of my heart for each of the messages. There's been unspeakable amounts of healing that have come from the stories, verses, prayers in all of your heartfelt words. I can FEEL the prayers. The biggest way I can feel prayers is that I am not slipping into the dumps like I know I could be right now. If you've read my blog much, you know I have battled depression and do not really want to go there any time soon again. So, THANK YOU... so, so much. And if I am not able to reply to you yet, know that I have gotten your message, it has been read... over and over actually, and is very appreciated. Very. Also, to the girls in my Sunday School that have so sweetly volunteered to do something to help me out this week... I know on the outside I seem fine, but just know that your daily gestures give me something little to look forward to, which is, I think, one of the reasons I'm able to keep my head above water at the moment. :)
Anyway, things are looking better. I don't think I'm as mad today.
In other news, Jake has been cutting his little canine teeth, and let me tell you... I am pretty sure each new round of teeth just gets worse and dang worse! Thankfully, teeth never keep him from sleeping. They may keep ME from sleeping when he cries out in his sleep. :( But he never wakes up. They just make him quite the bear to deal with during the day! We start out lovely in the morning. In such a great mood. But by evening time, when he's usually just a little bit fussy... wooo, the kid is a bear! You gotta keep him preoccupied constantly or it's an all out tantrum about the tiniest things! Thank goodness it's been relatively nicer outside than it has been! Outside is like a fix-all for the boy who loves to chase toads. :) He makes me laugh... a lot. I like it.
![]() |
| When not being entertained. Bear. |
![]() |
| When being entertained... |
Happy Tuesday, friends.


0 comments:
Post a Comment