Well, my friends. No such luck as of yet!! It's unfortunate. I know.
Crazy stuff developed over the past few days. They might be able to clarify the flood stuff, so we might get the house, then they couldn't and the sellers wanted to pay for a year's worth of flood insurance. We aren't comfortable with that because what if it's not fixed in a year?! Then we have an extra $400 a month on our mortgage for flood insurance? I think not! So, we decided, even as much as we love that house :( , to cancel that contract. One would assume that since the sellers did not fully disclose issues with the property regarding the flood zoning, that it would be a no-brainer for us to get our earnest money back. May I remind you that we will already not be getting our appraisal and inspection fees back. AND we lost inspection, appraisal and earnest money in TX. Well, these sellers are still adamant about us buying their house. They are apparently furious that we are canceling, when they are willing to pay the insurance fees (for one year only). That is just too risky for us, and we do not see where it could be wise AT ALL to go forward with that. So, that said, they are not wanting to sign the release to give us our money back. If that happens, we will have lost a grand total of $3,000 this year just trying to buy a freaking HOUSE!!!! So, frustrating.
I'm trying so, so, soooo hard not to get mad at God about it. But it is becoming increasingly difficult by the day! It's like every SINGLE day, there's more bad news. I can never get excited about anything because given our past history it doesn't work out!
I just knew after the whole Texas thing that we would get a break. I thought wrong!
I was trying to tell someone the other day my logic behind it all. I started thinking (which gets really confusing if you're not me, or a very few other people) and I thought. Ok, so God allowed all this to happen and I really talked God up, made sure people saw how His hand really was on us through the whole Texas and trying to sell the BA house ordeal. And it really was all God! Don't get me wrong! I can still see His hand at work even know. He is keeping this deal from happening for a reason. Thank goodness we didn't get IN the house and THEN realize the flood stuff!! Anyway, I feel like God is like, "Oh, this one here... she really sees my hand at work. She's telling a lot of people about how I have been looking out for them. Let me do some more crazy stuff so she can keep seeing my hand at work and keep telling people about how great I am". Well, I'm just going to say this: I know God is at work, and I know He's going to take care of us, but I'm going to be keeping my observations of God at work to myself for a little while. I'll probably get punished for saying that.
So, we are waiting for these shady sellers to release us from the contract... and to let us have our flippin money!! Dang it. Who knew by signing a contract we'd get so dang screwed.
We have another house, that we've looked at twice now, that we like. It's actually the same floor plan, in the same neighborhood... just NOT in a questionable flood zone area! So, we are mulling the idea of this one over. While at the same time, trying to figure out what we're gonna do about the dang earnest money!
Anyway, we could really, really use your prayers regarding the situation. I am seriously about to lose my mind. It's not good. Not at all. I can't stop thinking about how my poor baby boy hasn't even had his own bedroom for months now. I get really sad when I think about it. I just wanna be in my own home, in my city, where my people are. I never in my life thought I'd say this about somewhere other than Fort Smith, but man... I wanna go home.
Well, that's that, my friends. Please be praying for us.
1 comments:
It's interesting that you wrote about this today. Because in my quiet time I was reading in Acts 14 about how Paul and Barnabas went back to all the cities where they had been stoned or almost stoned to encourage the disciples they had made saying "It is necessary to pass through many troubles on our way into the kingdom of God." (v.22) Not that troubles are probable or even certain, but that they are necessary. Don't let anything make you doubt the goodness or the holiness of God. If He sees fit for you to have house trouble and lose some money in order for Him to be glorified, is that worth it to you? That certainly isn't a lecture by any means, just an honest question. What is it worth in your life for God to be glorified? That's a question I really hadn't thought of before. One I need to think about too. I'll pray for you. We miss you and your family at church.
Post a Comment